Turnips at the farmer's market
Baby Chicken!
Kathleen at the market
CSA basket
Left the farmer's market early today so I can share some more pictures with everyone. We have been planting corn and watermelon this week. Most of our work now is gathering vegetables for the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) baskets this week. People join the program for a certain number of weeks and they get a big basket of veggies every week. We've 2-4 people a day this week.
I know those of you I've talked to you, I've been really frustrated alot not because of the work I've been doing, but because of the disorganization of how everything is operated. I feel like Kathleen depends on her volunteers for alot and puts way too much responsibility on us and needs to learn how to operate things on her own before she brings other people into the picture. But I've been really patient and I am learning alot about myself and other people, and how to deal with frustrating situations better. There have been times I've really just wanted to pack up and leave, but I am glad I'm here, for the most part, and hopefully will be a stronger person when I get back home.
Also we got some baby chickens! I went and played in the river Sunday and was introduced to daquiris to-go in San Marcos and also did a bit of record shopping and went bowling on Saturday, so it was nice to have a bit of a break.
Jose with baby chicken
Me with baby chicken
Treehouse in progress
Where I sleep
View of the field
No comments:
Post a Comment